State Assistance Citizenship Verification
(04/01/08 - 06/30/08)
Accept ONLY the originals of the following documents to verify a participant's U.S. citizenship:
Certified birth certificate issued by any of the following bureaus of vital statistics:
United States (U.S.) government
State government
Local government
NOTE An electronic version of the birth certificate is acceptable verification of citizenship.
Certificate of Birth (FS‑545 or DS‑1350) issued by the U.S. State Department.
Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (FS 240) issued by the U.S. State Department.
Certificate of Naturalization (N‑550 or N‑570) issued by the U.S. Department of Justice.
American Indian census record.
NOTE The tribal boundaries of a federally recognized U.S. Native American Indian Tribe may extend into a foreign country. Treat enrolled members of that tribe born outside the U.S. the same as a citizen of the U.S.
Certificate of Citizenship (N‑560 or N‑561) issued by the U.S. Department of Justice.
U.S. Citizen Identification card (I‑197).
Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen (I‑179).
U.S. Passport.
Verification from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that establishes U.S. citizenship.