Y Energy Assistance Payments
(04/01/15 - 05/31/15)
Energy assistance payments or reimbursements issued under any federal, state, or local law when equal to or less than the actual utility expense amount, are not countable as income. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Farm Home Administration (FMHA)
Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Public Housing Utility Allowances
Low Income Energy Assistance Programs (LIEAP)
Service to Help Arizonans with Relief on Energy (SHARE)
In-kind(g) energy assistance payments
These payments must be clearly identified as being issued for energy assistance.
Energy assistance paid directly to the utility company is considered a vendor payment.
NOTE Allow all utility costs for budgetary units who receive LIEAP payments, even when paid as a vendor payment.
When the energy assistance payment is more than the actual utility expense, key the remaining amount using the EN NC Unearned Income Code in the INC TYP field on UNIC.