Marriage Documents
(10/01/08 – 12/31/08)
Verify marital status using any of the following documents:
Divorce decree
Insurance record
Legal annulment documents
Marriage license
Navajo Nation Family Court decree validating a Navajo common law marriage
Other records indicating that a participant was or is married
Religious records
Separation papers
Tribal records
When an MMP is unable to verify they are or have been married, apply the Unwed Minor Parent policy.